Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hive 2 - January Block for Karyn

Wow, what a cold snap! Hope everyone is staying safe and warm.

1. Name: Debbie Davis

2. Where you live: Glenpool, OK

3. Tell us about your family: I have one son. He is 27 and is a basketball coach/teacher for a high school in Tulsa, OK. I come from a family of 5 kids. We scattered to the winds in our younger days but now we have all resettled within 10 miles of each other. 

4. Tell us about your pets: No pets. I am never home, it wouldn't be fair.

5. How long have you been quilting? I started over 35 years ago but it has been an on again/off again type of love. I started back up after my son was born and have kept my sewing machine up ever since. I did take some time off when my mom passed away. This was something we use to do together and I just couldn't get back into the swing of things for awhile. BUT, I didn't take my machine down. :)

6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? Who has money for other crafts???

7. Fabric line you want to buy next: I never look at the end of the bolt. But I am wanting to make a red/white quilt so that will be my next purchase.

8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): Sending my quilt to a long armer. It is an art form and I leave it up to the professionals.

9. Where we can find you on social media:  IG: dkdavis57 and Flickr: dkdavis918

10. Favorite book: All time favorite is Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. My other favorite book is usually the next one I am going to read.

11. Favorite show to binge watch: Outlander

This is my first year with Stash Bee and I am excited to see will be coming next. This block really showed me where my stash weaknesses are but I loved making it!!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Thank you Debbie! I love it! Glad to provide a reason to shop to fill in the gaps.... :D I'm sure you are going to LOVE StashBee! Welcome aboard!

Karyn