Friday, January 1, 2016

Hive 5, January 2016

Success!  My first Stash bee block.  Thank you Audrey.



1.I'm MJ Snyder and this is my first Stash Bee as well as Blog posting..My cup is always half full!
2. I live in the suburbs outside Baltimore, Md
3. I have a grown daughter who is married and have blessed us with 2 grandsons, 5 & 2. My older daughter passed away from cystic fibrosis. I might be the senior member of this bee!
I am lucky in love and spent over 30 years with the best husband ever, until he passed a few years ago.  Now I share this journey with the most caring, supporting , loving and wonderful man. 
4.  We are owned by 3 delightful little papillon girls (dogs weighing 5 & 7 lbs). 
5. My quilting journey began in 1981 , then I took a looooong break!
6.  I painted porcelain for over 20 years, obsessed over crochet and faux painted my entire house and anything else I could in the 90's!  9Now it's all repainted shades of neutrals).  Now my passion has me a " born again quilter" . I taught pre school (4yr olds was my longest stint), sold skin care, health and wellness products, was a recipe tester, and volunteered for many causes along the way.
7.  I love fabric, Julianna Horner, Amy Butler and a great sale will get me anytime.  
8.  I love my Innova Autopilot! Using the computerized options, is my go to..Took me about 6 months to get comfortable with it.  Edge to edge is the easiest for me but, I like to hand guide smaller projects...I need a lot of practice in that area. 
9. I'm on Facebook MJ Snyder, Pinterest mj Cooksgrte
10.  Love to read.  My longtime favorite is The good Earth, Pearl S Buck, Historical Fiction is my favorite genre.  Pillars of the Earth was another favorite.  Just finished a delightful book based on a true story about women in the early 1900's.  Called Girl waits with a gun, by Amy Stewart
11.  The Affair , Homeland, Property Brothers and Reign are just a few of my binges!  I'm pretty eclectic with my t v picks.  

Thanks to Audrey our bee Momma for choosing an easy and fun to do block for my first!  
Thank you Alison for putting this together!  

1 comment:

audrey said...

Oh, how exciting! Thank you, MJ!